If you are a new startup business owner or learning about the latest in technological advancements in marketing, you may wonder what the value of inbound marketing is over simply investing in the complete marketing department of your company. Here are some of the most important key points to know about the value of inbound marketing for lead generation and the growth of your sales:
- Customers are now shopping more online today than ever before, and your social media and websites should be designed to draw them in.
- Online shopping is completed in stages, and it is important to reach out to customers at all different steps in their searching and shopping for a product or service.
- The website, built for both presenting your company and allowing the customer freedom with search and purchases, should not be the only marketing and sales method of your business.
- One other major reference location for your marketing and sales teams would be education on the Inbound Methodology from HubSpot.
- The more your teams learn about inbound marketing, there are plenty of methods that can be taken to improve the performance of lead generation. The improvement of content quality, campaigns and offers, events and other presentation will always be able to draw increased interest from potential customers.
Along with these basic points, there is also the value of the overall visibility of your site within popular search engines is very valuable. Remember that potential customers will be searching out the products and services they desire on pages such as Google, Bing, Yahoo or others. It is important that the content of your site will improve your search engine optimization (SEO) and bring you as close as possible to the top of the list of search results. This will be the first step to getting those potential leads to your homepage!
From that point, you can take a look at the more active inbound marketing functions within your website that will help improve lead generation and the performance of your website overall. Five steps that can help improve the completion of lead generation from all of your online content include the following:
- Calls to Action (CTAs)
- Landing Pages
- Use Images
- Keep Text Concise, Easy to Read
- Continually Improve Offers and Campaigns
There are many more of these available for your assistance, and there is always content improvement for the view and productivity of your site. There is no need to assume that the creation of a site that appears at the top of the search results and then leaving it to sit for a long period of time will be helpful to marketing and sales in any way. With the millions of pages that exist in response to any keyword search online, there will always be changes and updates made online that could override your position.
Along with the content on your site, there is the presentation of your campaigns and special offers from within social media. Your ads can be placed in many eye-grabbing locations, but it is also important to make sure that there is a catching subject line and design.
So, the best thing to remember is that website content will be continually updated. The offers and campaigns posted on your own site and others will need to catch the eye of the potential lead, and draw the CTAs that will then create the lead and continue their work through your website to complete a purchase.
References: www.saleshub.ca/blog/5-ways-to-increase-inbound-marketing-roi, www.hubspot.com/inbound-marketing, blog.hubspot.com/blog/tabid/6307/bid/8157/25-ways-to-increase-sales-and-lead-generation.aspx, www.smartbugmedia.com/blog/10-Ways-to-Improve-Inbound-Marketing-Performance, www.square2marketing.com/blog/6-ways-to-increase-your-inbound-marketing-leads-by-a-factor-of-10